Music Submission Policy
Policy Regarding Music Submissions and Programmer Access
- Programming decisions and music selections for Entercom stations are made on a non-discriminatory basis.
- Programming decisions and music selections for Entercom stations are made at the local station level. Entercom does not maintain corporate playlists. Accordingly, music should be submitted directly to local stations for consideration. Materials should be sent either to the attention of “Program Director, Station _____” at the main studio address for individual station(s). Mailing addresses for individual studios can be found under the Markets tab on www.entercom.com.
- Entercom stations accept new music submissions via CD. Although mp3 files and other forms of electronic media may also be accepted at certain stations, considerations such as email server space, virus scanning software, and hardware limitations may negatively impact a particular station’s ability to accept music submissions through these alternative means. Accordingly, Entercom suggests submission of music via CD when possible.
- Music submitted must be of broadcast quality.
- Music submitted must be properly edited for broadcast, including the exclusion of defamatory, profane, indecent or obscene material.
- Music submitted will not be returned.
- Entercom does not sell or barter access to its programmers.
- Set forth below is a list of individuals at Entercom stations primarily responsible for considering music for potential airplay. Many of these individuals have established specific dates and times for dealing with artists and labels. Artists and labels are encouraged to respect those windows. Please be aware that our programmers have many competing demands on their time and thus may not be able to return all calls or respond to all correspondence, particularly within time periods artists or labels might desire.
NOTE: With regard to musical work performance rights for our stations, Entercom holds non-dramatic public performance licenses with ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC only. By submitting music for consideration, submitting entities and individuals represent and warrant that submitted music has been registered with one of these three performing rights organizations. Alternatively, if you are not a member of these organizations, you represent and warrant that you hold these rights personally and grant Entercom the right to broadcast your material. In addition, because we stream most of our stations over the internet, by submitting music for consideration, submitting entities and individuals represent and warrant that submitted music has been registered with SoundExchange. Alternatively, if you are not a member of SoundExchange, you represent and warrant that you hold these rights personally and grant Entercom the right to stream your material on a non-interactive, non-subscription basis.